For those of you who may not have come across, The Slight Edge by Jeff Olsen is a great read.
In essence Jeff Olsen explains that once you have set yourself an end goal, such as winning business to double your profit, you then break down the goal in to a daily activity.
For example, if your goal is to win 5 new customers who are going to spend a minimum of £50k with you over a year how are you going to go about finding those companies? What small activity will you do on a daily basis?
It could be that you will aim to undertake a range of the below activities:-
- Contact a minimum of 10 new businesses a day
- Keep in contact with existing customers once a week to see whether you can add more value to their business
- Attending a networking event once a month
- Posting relevant and supportive comments in social media outlets on a daily basis
- Writing a blog once a week
Whatever the activity is the discipline is to ensure that it is completed daily.
Olsen explains that since each activity in its own right is only small, the effect of doing it or not doing it each day is not noticeable on that day. However what is noticeable, is that over time the decision to either do the activity or not do that activity will have a significant impact on your end goal as shown in the diagram below.
Let Ballyhoo Media help you to ensure that without fail your daily activities are completed.